Chef Troy’s Blackberry Chipotle BBQ Glazed Baby Back Ribs
If you missed Chef Tory Gagliardo’s recipe for Blackberry Chipotle BBQ Glazed Baby Back Ribs when he dropped by Kroll Call to offer backyard barbecuing tips, we have the recipe. You can also get more of Chef Troy’s tasty recipes on his web site at cheftroy.net
Blackberry Chipotle BBQ Glazed Baby Back Ribs
• 2 Cups-Fresh Blackberries
• 2-3 Each-Chipotle Peppers-canned in adobo, deseeded
• ½ Cup-Chicken Stock
• ½ Cup-Ketchup
• 2 Tablespoons-Honey
• 2 Tablespoons-Soy Sauce
• 1 Tablespoon-Apple Cider Vinegar
• To Taste-Kosher Salt/Black Pepper
• 2 Racks-Pork Baby Back Ribs
• To Coat-Chef Troy’s Back Rub-or your favorite
1. Preheat grill for direct and indirect heat grilling (or oven) to 225 degrees.
2. Lay the ribs on work surface meat side down, bones curving upwards.
3. Starting with narrow end of ribs on left; insert tip of a small knife at bottom of first bone under membrane.
4. Run blade up bone all the way through membrane to top of the bone.
5. The membrane is a plastic feeling milky looking material.
6. With a piece of paper towel grab membrane at the point of cut and pull to opposite end of rack.
7. It should all come off in one piece, if it doesn’t start where membrane breaks and repeat.
8. Discard membrane and season both sides of rack and rub in.
9. Wrap ribs individual tightly in tin foil.
10. Place on top rack of slow side of grill (bone side down) or in oven on a sheet tray.
11. Slow cook ribs until tender but not falling of bone, about 2-2 ½ hours.
12. To make sauce place all ingredients in pot over medium heat.
13. Cook, stirring frequently, to reduce and thickly slightly.
14. Allow sauce to cool, place in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
15. When ribs are tender remove from foil.
16. Place on grill over direct heat side and char slightly.
17. Place back on top rack, and continue to cook basting with sauce.
18. Remove ribs when meat is starting to fall of bone.
19. Cut ribs every two bones, stack and serve with remaining sauce.
Leave a comment